Monday, October 13, 2008

Judge Ye Not


I suppose it doesn't matter much, but I would sorta hate for someone to judge me by the posts on my blog. But, in the words of the greatn 80s hairband Whitesnake, "Here I go again."

This book came to me with a warning. "Everyone is reading it. I mean all the kids are reading it. You will need to hide it from all your friends and especially colleagues. And by all means, never, never tell them where you got it."

It is indeed like popcorn. You find yourself reading it, flipping the pages, one by one, gradually working through the 560+ pages, the whole while saying "I can't believe I am reading this. I don't care about these people at all. This is so stupid."

Three days kids. It took me all of three days, and I didn't even try to read it fast. I swear it.

Now, you may think, OK, sure. It must be good. After all, they are coming out with a movie that is reportedly to be as big as Harry Potter.

But here is my disclaimer. I would normally never EVER knowingly read a book, watch a movie and most of all EVER get into any serious discussion about vampires. Did I say vampires? OMG. I said vampires. Eeeewwwwweeeeeeeeeee. What's even more embarrassing... teen vampires.

So, you can't believe you are reading the book, but as my friend said, by the time you get to the last three pages, you are going "What?! Where?! How did they?! agh!!!!!" And if it is 5:30 in the morning - no doubt having read the thing all night till then - you are asking yourself if Barnes and Nobles is open all night. Provided they have been able to keep the darn books on the shelves.

I can't wait to see the movie right before Halloweeen.

Did I say that too?

2 comments:

jhnyoliv said...

They ARE addicting! I'm in the middle of Eclipse right now, with Breaking Dawn waiting on the table! Glad you are feeling more human, you looked really "owie" the other day when I checked in on ya.

Knit in the Northwest said...

OMG! I am not the only one!

I am afraid the worst is not over yet on the pain. It had increased and by last night I was at an all-time point of misery. Luckily the pain-killers I had been saving for night-time worked, and I was able to stop trembling and get some sleep. This rather sucks.