Monday, October 13, 2008

Holy COW!!!!


OMG!!!!

This is one time that silly online acronyms are totally appropriate.

I did it. I can't believe I f*cking did it. I am just coming out of the elephant-tranquilizer fog, and every part of my body hurts. Well, my little toe is in pretty good condition, but could use some Miso soup.

After over 17 years of wanting a tummy tuck I finally got one.

Now, I feel.... not so beautiful. I have affectionately named my new walker (yes, as in a old person's *walker*) the GL6000. (The GL stands for "greased lightening", of course.) However, I cannot say it out loud because it hurts waaaay too much to laugh.

One of the weirdest things, was having to search-down a place that will bill my insurance company for my much-needed walker, and it turned out to be the same place where I got my panty hose for verecose viens.

I am 41 years old for cryin' out loud!!!!!!

Aren't these the types of things you get when you're, what? 80??!!!

And I thought, "sure, plan the kids party for a week after the surgery. I am sure I will be hoppin' around in no time, passing out canapes on a silver tray while swirling through the party crowd of cuties in my new handmade party dress (from a 50's vintage pattern no-doubt) and waving off all the 'My how you look so nice!' comments."

Not so much. I feel rather like... Like a troll. A troll. Oh well, hand me some lipstick.

::sigh::

2 comments:

boltandfrolic said...

Hey there! I'm so glad you came thru it well and safe!
x0x0 Elle

Joanna said...

Hey! I just heard of you through metrosupial katie. Just wanted to pop by and let you know I know exactly what you are going through since I just had my surgery on the 7th. After having 3 sections, I thought recovery would be a piece of cake, but I am having an awful time recovering from this. Hope you are feeling better every day. Email me if you want to chat: joanna @ greatturtle . com