Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally... Sunshine and a Bit of Warmth




Now it is easy to remember what I like about this area.

As long as we aren't in a housing development, this is one of the most beautiful places on earth. All sorts of colorful singing birds, cows on the way to the grocery store, and some of the most beautiful views anywhere. We were so lucky to get this house - the nicest view I have ever had, hands-down. The rent is so cheap here; an added bonus.

Apparently this place was settled largely by Scandinavian (Dutch) peoples, and so tulips abound. The yards have provided so many surprise treats to delight, from Hellebores (the first to peek), red pink and yellow tulips, and much to my delight, bulbs I can't yet identify. One of my favorite things is creating tiny bouquets out of lawn flowers and other tiny pretties. I can't name the pale purple flowers, although I think it may be something like a pale version of Blue Eyed Grass. If anyone knows, please let me know... it will save me the trouble of wanting to go through my boxes of books that haven't yet been unpacked.

No comments: