Saturday, August 2, 2008

Architecture Geek












In the words of Søren Kierkegaard, "Once you label me, you negate me."

I don't care. I am a total architecture geek, and I am proud of it.

OMG - so you will be when you look at these houses.

I have always wanted an old Craftsman house, and I suppose I have the "Fisherman's Wife" syndrome, becuase now that I own one, I so madly want one of these modular green homes. I don't feel quite as bad knowing that Mark is completely on board with this. We have been thinking a lot lately of something green, something modern, and something for the wilderness. I think we are both pretty passionate about this, and probably not at all alone in this "new" way of thinking. I suppose you can really have your cake and eat it too when you think of how you can have some uber-cool mid-century-modern-esque home, but with a newer, greener theme. You can have a low impact on the environment while at the same time live somewhat of a dreamscape fantasy. I am so there. Like, yesterday man.

I mean really... check-a-look-a these friggin' Method Homes cabins...

I also like the fact that they are near Seattle; probably a clear bias as well as knowing that they are physically accessible. I wouldn't mind taking a field trip with the little man and seeing what they look like in person.

Method Homes is the brainchild of a real estate agent and a seasoned construction worker. Both found a true need for something more sustainable, better design, and found a problem with site-built construction. The answer: something fabricated completely within a huge warehouse, and built with "high design and [a] simple process" in mind. Something that speaks to both the right and left side of my brain, thankyouverymuch.

They even have a list on their site, of the products they use, including sources and specific name brands.

"The factory built process allows Method Homes to far exceed the site built comparison. Quality is increased and time is reduced while building in a controlled environment. Between our energy efficient design, use of green building products and sustainable approach you cannot find a better built, healthier home on the market."

Then, they bring the sucker to you. Bada-bing!

This is exceptionally cool as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QneEh84GeQA

No comments: