Saturday, August 2, 2008

We Like Popsicles, Yes We Do!














One for you...
Two for me...
One for you...
Three for me...

And I thought I was cool when I made juice pops with less water so the kids didn't chip their teeth on them while talking about how much they suck.

Of course someone had to "Martha-size" the homemade Popsicles, and take it to to such a sophisticated level that will make your friends turn green with envy and want to talk about you behind your back.

I must admit, though, they had me at the Thai Iced Tea and Blueberry Cheesecake Pops...

With "Pops!: Icy Treats for Everyone," by Krystina Castella, not only will you learn how to say Ice Pop in 12 languages including Swedish and ASL (OK, this part I find absolutely superfluous and otherwise useless), but you will learn the basics such as which "bases" to use, how to get a creamy smooth texture, and freezing times.

You can find just about every possible "mix-in" or topping sure to inspire you to create something fun, festive, and surprising.

Personally, I find the most practical part of this book the section on alcohol pops. It shows you how to make a martini pop among many others, and shows you how to get the most alcohol in the pop (since alcohol freezes at a much lower temperature) such as by marinating your fruit, cookies, or cake in the alcohol before adding to the mixture.

Sounds like a party to me.

***

Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice
Laid back [with my mind on my money and my money on my mind]

No comments: