Saturday, August 2, 2008

Turning Over an Old Leaf


So I mix sayings.

This is something that my husband gave me hard time about, and I will defend it to the grave after hearing a spot on NPR's A Way With Words. Apparently some woman called in to talk about how her mother was always mixing sayings. The hosts of the show proceeded to go into this impromptu eulogy about how brilliant this woman must be to be able to combine such sayings, and still make complete sense.

I have been doing this for years.

Anyway, I digress.

Here I have decided that I am going to start sketching again. It has been years.

It is one of those things that I absolutely love doing, but for some reason just committing to starting seems like a huge obstacle. I see so many beautiful works on Etsy and am so inspired by the people there (as well as their art) that I have actually started to sketch. Really. I drew a couple things today. Even if just a couple warm-ups, I have started. I wont commit to anything big, just working on line quality.

I love my pencils.

Love love love pencils. Isn't that weird?

And a good German sharpener.

And I think I will even break out one of my subject studies from school. The one that the teacher called me in to his office to discuss. Sadly, one of my proudest moments.

Go make something, people. Make, share, and love. :)

2 comments:

Grant Barrett said...

Good for you! Don't let you husband throw the carrot out with the stick. Or put the baby before the bathwater. Or something.

—Grant Barrett, co-host of A Way with Words

Knit in the Northwest said...

Yikes! Now I *really* need to watch my typing errors. ::blush::