Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knitting




Well, I suppose I really should post something about knitting since there is something about that in the title of this blog. Here are one of my latest creations, and pair of little baby socks, as well as a larger set. These are so gratifying, and the baby socks only take about 5 hours in total to complete. Wanna take a guess how long the adult pair takes? People say I should sell these things, and I can just hear my grandmother rolling her eyes - she used to tell people "You can't afford it." he he Not to be arrogant, but some people GIVE this stuff away, making it seem like it isn't valued. However, I must say that most of the stuff that is sold for dirt is made with acrylic, and there are so many incredible yarns out there that are just exquisite. So, I say, make a friend of a knitter; they should be valued highly.

I love the colors in this Koigu yarn - I thought is was Japanese becuase of the name and look, but I think it is made here in the US.

No comments: