Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some Old Ideas are Just Really Good.


Okay, they're a little pricey. But I want one anyway. At first, I was like, whaaaat? A bike with not pedals? Then reading a bit, I found out that this has been a long-lived European tradition, and it makes sense: first you learn how to steer, THEN you learn how to power yourself. After watching Isabel try to ride her tricycle, I quickly realized that as smart as she is (and I am convinced she is a golden-child-genius), she can get the pedal-power down, but only at the sacrifice of the steering. I would love to be able to make it all easier for her. I believe this is my answer. I also like the way the mostly-wood construction, minimal paint, looks as well. Check 'em out over at maukilo.com, where they also have our beloved Rody the Jumping Horse, which Isabel affectionately refers to as "Donkey." Beautiful colors.

No comments: